The Bro’Kin Yolk
We love this place! We are so glad to have one close to us in the NW.
A few of my favourite things about the Bro’kin Yolk:
- A kids menu
- Friendly staff
- Highchairs and booster seats
- The meaning behind their name (read about us on their website)
- It’s farm to table (I LOVE this about a place. It makes me feel not as guilty for eating unhealthy food lol)
- The chalkboard at the front to keep the kids entertained while you wait
Yael is a picky eater so we’ll usually order her a Belgium waffle or just toast and peanut butter and a smoothie.
Grae will eat anything so I usually will get him a waffle too and he will eat lots from our plates to give him more variety (which he loves).
I’m typically a healthy eater and love anything with green foods….. but I am MORE obsessed with truffle anything so I always get the truffle, ham and wild mushroom breakfast poutine. Not healthy at all but omg…. it is freakin’ good.
Dan likes a typical breakfast, eggs, sausage, toast, etc. So his favourite on the menu is the farmers breakfast.
Going with kids:
- Go before 9:30 and before it gets too busy
- Order your kids drinks in a cup with a lid (tap water = free but otherwise whatever you get the lid just keeps things a bit cleaner)
- Use the waitlist system. Nooooo one wants to wait 30+ min to eat with kids. Call before you go and then you can walk right in when they text you. (FYI they do not take reservations- but with this waitlist system it doesn’t really matter)
I highly recommend this place. It is not only amazing food and a local business but it is also very kid friendly. I’m sure you will enjoy it!
Now I’m hungry. Maybe we’ll go tomorrow 😋
For more information visit their website