The Hangar flight museum and the Edward LaBorde viewing area
We wanted to try something different than a play place today so we tried the Hangar flight museum! It was SO cool.
The kids ran around on cloud 9 for about 10 min looking at all the planes, but after that there wasn’t much to keep their attention.
There are 3 different areas to check out; the main building, downstairs and upstairs and then a tented area across the path from the main building.
I think our kids were a bit young for it, but if you have a kid who loves airplanes, it’s worth a visit! It really is so cool. I was blown away by the different planes. But for kids 5 and under, it wasn’t somewhere you could spend much time and it is a bit pricey.
For more info on the museum visit their website
After the museum we drove down McKnight for about 2 min and went to the Edward LaBorde viewing area to watch the airplanes come it. It was such a perfect spot but unfortunately it was so windy so they were all coming in on a different runway and we didn’t see any up close. If they had of, it would have been so cool so it is definitely something we want to do again on a calmer day!
- 4.5 yr old girl: the big planes!
- 2.5 yr old girl: Sitting in the helicopter and the hot air balloon
- 2 yr old boy: The toy planes in the gift shop!!
- 1 yr old boy: The snacks. He could have cared less about the planes
- 4 month old- also the snacks (boob food).
- Moms: We tried something new and found a place we’d definitely want to come back to once the kids are a bit older.
Overall we had a fun time but were disappointed there wasn’t more for the kids to do and that we didn’t see any planes land up close to us. The museum is definitely somewhere I would come again once the kids are a bit older and we’ll be back to the viewing area on a calmer day very soon!