If you or your kid(s) are animal lovers you will love this place! Personally I’m indifferent about it, I don’t really care or need to pet / see all the animals, but the kids are obsessed!! It’s the perfect spot for them.
Things to do at Butterfield Acres:
- Goat Milking
- Tractor rides
- Pony rides
- Play & pet the animals (goats, bunnies, chicks, ponies & pigs)
- Play in the play areas (cars, sandbox, nursery rhyme park)
Butterfield Acres info:
- Open 10-2 weekdays and 10-4 on weekends
- Closes end of October
- Has wagon rentals – which I didn’t try but it may be easier on the rocks then the stroller
- Has animal food that you can purchase for .25 to feed them.
- You can go in and pet almost all the animals which is unlike lots of places
- You can have birthday parties there
- They have kids camps
- You can also rent the animals to bring to a party where you choose.
We started the day with the goats and they were so chill, unless you have food! A family with 2 kids came in with food and the goats jumped on them and the kids ended up dropping the food and it was a bit crazy for a second. I guess that is why they tell you to feed them through the fence 😂
Then we went to the goat milking. I wasn’t sure how it would go but surprisingly 2/3 of the kids tried. The goat didn’t seem bothered by this at all and the girl working was very comfortable and helpful. I didn’t try, but an interesting experience for the kids
Next we saw the chicks, bunnies and pigs. The little pigs were soooo cute but they were feisty! As I was trying to go in they were trying to go out and it was chaos haha. Needless to say 3 escaped and I had to call a worked to help me 😂. Then Yael didn’t want to even go in anymore. 🤷🏼♀️ Another mom and her son made it in and then the pigs started eating her shoe laces haha!
Then we went and did the Tractor ride (seen above) and the pony ride. Both were a lot of fun but since they only have these activities once a day, the tractor ride waited a good 5-10 min for stragglers to show up and the pony ride had a long line. Although it goes fast and is a short loop, we still had to wait about 10 min until it was our turn.
Things to keep in mind:
- Do not wear sandals or nice shoes. There is mud and poop everywhere
- All the paths are rocky and there are hills, pushing a stroller is not always easy
- I wouldn’t recommend Butterfield Acres for kids who can’t walk. They will want out of the stroller but there is no where clean to crawl.
- For more information visit their website
- 4.5 yr old girl: the pony ride
- 2.5 yr old girl: the “cuuuuute” horse-y
- 2 yr old boy: the tractor ride
- 1 yr old boy: probably the tractor ride because it was one of the few things he could do. He isn’t walking and I didn’t want him crawling around in poop 🙃
- 2 month old- nursing. She loves eating!
- Moms: My friends favorite part was watching me trying to get in the pig pen and instead letting half of them escape lol.
Overall we had a great day! We were there for just over 2hrs and that was plenty. If we had of stayed longer we could have filled our time exploring the play areas, but it was getting to be nap time.
The kids loved being able to be so close to the animals and had blast. It is a safe place and feels as clean as a farm can. If you haven’t been, put it on your list!