FREE Things to do with your babies/toddlers for the rest of summer
Are you running out of ideas of things you can do in Calgary for the rest of summer? Or have you been to the zoo 500x like me and it just isn’t as exciting anymore? If so, check out this list of free things to do with your babies/toddlers. I tried to link everything so you could see a picture, but I also plan on doing a Weekly Review on all of these places, so stay tuned for that!
Calgary public library
Libraries are such a good, safe space to bring your kids. All the libraries in Calgary have kids areas and they are easy to bring more than 1 kid to. Library locations in Calgary
If you’re up for a slow moving outing I actually quite enjoy ikea, haha! The kids can have a little play in the kids area and then go for lunch after. Also- the kids paint from Ikea is THE BEST! You should buy it while you’re there too for fun once you get home.
Often times church’s have morning gatherings for moms. They usually supply snacks and toys, too! I’ve been to 2 different ones and they can vary in toy/snack quality, but still nice to get out for free and chat with other moms. Reach out and find out if there are any in your area and pass them along to me and I can create a list!
Active Toddlers at the Genesis Centre:
- Every Tuesday & Thursday
- 10 am – 12 pm
- 7555 Falconridge Blvd. N.E
Little Learners at Treehouse north
- 3337-34 Avenue N.E
1. Westbrook Mall Saturday Fun:
- Usually the second Saturday of the month
- 1 – 2 pm
2. Marlborough Mall Kids’ Fun:
- Third Saturday of every month
- 1 pm
3. Cross Iron Mills- Little Fossil Fun Zone
4. Market Mall- Monkey Around Indoor Playground
5. CORE Shopping Centre – Devonian Gardens
6. Southcentre mall – ROAR play park
A free space museum at the airport! Lots of hands on exhibits focusing on space and aeronautics.
There are plenty of great farmers markets throughout the city, but a few that I’ve found to be good for kids are;
1. Farmers Market CSpace
- Kids activities on Saturdays
- 1729 29 Avenue SW
- Times & activities vary
2. Farmers market at Hillhurst
- Kid-friendly activities (bouncy castles and face painting)
- 320 5 Ave. N.W
- Wednesday’s 3-7pm
- Face painting, inside barn yard play area and more!
- Events at the market
- Blackfoot Trail and Heritage Drive
- Thursday-Sunday. 9pm-5pm
4. Avenida Farmers Market
- Will have a kids area- Opens in OCTOBER
I plan on having a review on all these parks under WEEKLY REVIEWS but for now here are a few favs that are good for babies/ toddlers;
- Bowness Park
- 8900 48 Ave. N.W.
- See my review on Bowness Park
- Riley park800 12 St. N.W.
- Blakiston Park
- 3023 Blakiston dr N.W.
- South Glenmore Park8415 24 St S.W.
3951 Trasimene Crescent SW
- Killarney Accessible Playground
- 29 St SW at 19 Ave S.W.
- Princess Island Park698 Eau Claire Ave S.W.
- Spruce Cliff Playground
- Poplar Rd and 7th Ave S.W. (by Wildflower Arts Centre)
- Mayfair Playground
- Malibu rd & Medford pl S.W.
- Forest Lawn Nature Playground
- 43 St and 10th Ave S.E.
- Auburn Bay Toddler Playground
- Auburn Crest Way and Auburn Crest Green S.E.
- Applestone Park
- Applewood dr S.E and Applestone park S.E
- New Brighton Treehouse Playground
- 2000 Brightoncrest GRN S.E.
- Rainbow Park
- Albert park- Radcliffe cres S.E.
- Nellie Brown Park
- 14 St and st. Monica ave S.E.
- Valleyview Park28 st and 30 Ave S.E.
- Ralph Klein Park12350 84 St. S.E.
- Bridgeland Community Playground
- 9th st and center ave N.E.
- Vista Heights Playground
- 1820 Valleyview rd N.E
- Renfrew Park
- 811 Radford rd N.E (beside the community center)
- Telus spark Park
- 220 St Georges Dr N.E.
- Canmore park2020 Chicoutimi Dr. N.W
- 19 St. & Chicoutimi Dr. N.W.
- Rotary park617 1 St. N.E
- Crescent Heights
- 617 1 St. NE.
- Prestwick common – Canada 150 splash park
- 15113 Prestwick Blvd S.E.
- Valleyview Park28 St and 30 Ave S.E.
- Somerset park
- 999 Somerset Dr. S.W.
- Variety children’s park – south glenmore
- 90 Ave. & 24 St. S.W.
- Central memorial park1221 2 St S.W.
- Bowness Park8900 48 Ave. N.W.
- Riley park800 12 St. N.W
- Eau claire3 St. & Riverfront Ave. S.W.
- Prairie winds park23 Castleridge Blvd. N.E.
- Olympic plaza 228 8 Ave. S.E.
- Sikome lake (sikome aquatic facility) – fish creek park
- No longer free 🙁 $10 for 2 adults & 2 kids
- 10 am to 7 pm
- Closes September 3, 2018
- Bow Bottom Trail S.E. or Sun Valley Boulevard S.E. off Highway 22x.
- St. Patrick’s Island Park1300 Zoo Rd. N.E.
- Sandy beach4500 14A St. S.W.
- Bowview Outdoor Pool1920 6 Ave N.W.
- Mount Pleasant Outdoor Pool 2310 6 St. N.W.
- Silver Springs Outdoor PoolSilverridge Cl. & Silverridge Dr. N.W. – Closed Aug. 24 from 1 p.m.
- Forest Lawn Outdoor Pool1706 39 St. S.E
- Millican-Ogden Outdoor Pool69 Ave. & 20A St. S.E.
- South Calgary Outdoor Pool3130 16 St. S.W.
- Stanley Park Outdoor Pool4011 1A St. S.W.