This is easily one of my favourite places in the world!! I have been coming here forever because lucky for me, my parents have a place here. I have so many special memories in Fairmont; snowboard trips with my friends, my first getaway with Dan, […]
This isn’t somewhere I would normally think to bring my kids, but I had heard from a few different people that it was very kid friendly so I really wanted to check it out!
The whole building is amazing. It is beautiful, it has high quality displays and overall very well done. However, with 3 kids under 4… there was not much for them. I think it would be GREAT for kids 5+, but unfortunately for us we came when they were a bit too young. The only really interactive area for our kids was the Soundbox on level 4 which was great and where we spend the most time.
Studio Bell info:
- Paid parking only. There is street parking and also a lot close by. I believe I paid $4/h in the lot.
- Closed Monday & Tuesdays
- Adult entry is $18 and 3-11 is $11. Under 3 is free
- Hosts after school programs and summer camps
- Hosts a variety of concerts, events and exhibitions
- ROSSO coffee shop attached
- For more information visit the Studio Bell website
Overall, it is definitely a MUST SEE in Calgary, but I would keep any kids under 5 at home. They all had fun, but it wasn’t quite worth it for this age quite yet.
If you’re kids are anything like mine then pizza is probably their favourite food. Yael could literally eat it for every meal and she always requests ranch to dip (she is my husbands daughter!! lol). So today Grae and I went to Without Papers in Inglewood.
Not only is it in a trendy neighbourhood, it is also such a cool little spot with a lot of unique pizzas!
Grae ended up not being hungry at all so I ordered all this food and he didn’t even eat one bite. He started getting antsy and wanting out of his seat (FYI highchairs are the claw style that clip onto the table) so he wandered around the restaurant for a bit and the staff were so friendly and nice to him. Besides the stairs to get up into the restaurant, it was totally safe for him to puts around a bit.
Reasons we like this spot:
- Inglewood is a fairly central location
- PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA (as Yael would say)
- The movies they play are great to keep kids entertained
- Friendly and welcoming vibe
This is a great spot in Calgary (rated one of Calgarys best!) and definitely somewhere I would recommend going if you wanna meet up with friends but you have to bring the kids.
To see their menu head to the Without Papers website.
Check it out!!
I was introduced to Communitea years ago when I was pregnant with Yael and I’ve been obsessed ever since. Anytime we are driving to the mountains I always try to get my husband to stop there for food. It is SO GOOD!
- Only offer breakfast and lunch
- Open 8am- 5-6pm depending on the day
- Has live music & venue rentals available
- Can order online! When we are in a hurry or my husband doesn’t want to eat there I do this so we can be quick but I can still get what I want!
- VERY kid friendly
- 2 gender neutral bathrooms with a change table with diapers and wipes if you need!
- For more info visit the Communitea website
My FAVOURITE part of it is that they have a kids area with that little Ikea kitchen everyone has and toys! It is perfect while you wait for your food or even while you eat your food (in peace!!).
I recommend this place 100%, even my husband whose not as into healthy and fresh food as me always likes his meal (lol). Go go go!!